sautéed gnocchi

sautéed gnocchi

Friday, April 8, 2011

Cruising The Atlantic

(written April 8th)
Monday, April 4.  Day at Sea: Cruising from NYC to Bermuda

Once we left New York, my ties to the States had been cut. And I was ready and prepared for the big journey. Monday, we spent a windy day at sea, and man, it was beautiful!! We taught two classes that day. A morning class of Pasta and an afternoon class of Southwest cuisine. Both classes were the second in a three-class series. So all of the students, I had worked with previously. So it was like seeing my friends again!


After the classes, Kathryn and I experimented with one of the recipes that would be in my class in order to test out the new pizza stones I purchased. The recipe for the (French) Pissaladière was outstanding!! We had another relaxing dinner together while enjoying the first sunset at sea - later joined by the chef boys. The sunset sky was breathtaking, but I didn't have my camera with me. Oh well, I thought...there will be many more sunsets at sea to enjoy over the next 15 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment